Fun Times in Chicago!

5/28/16
First of all, congratulations to my beautiful older sister Abby! We're all so proud of you for graduating! Plus, since you actually graduated, we all got to take a trip to Chicago! Chicago is an amazing city, it is so authentic and full of culture, art, comedy, and most importantly stories. I decided I'd make a vlog of our time there to share our stories! Make sure to check them out below, and check back for blog posts and vlogs of my adventures studying abroad in Spain in September!

Festivals and Fine Arts: Chicago Day 1!

Our first day consisted of a very, very early flight, very little sleep, and the shenanigans that ensue from being sleepless and delirious. We had a day full of art; first we went to to the Art Institute of Chicago, famous for housing tons of art and being part of one of my favorite movies, Ferris Bueller's Day Off. After that we went to the famous sculpture Cloud Gate, more commonly known as the bean. Even though it's terribly touristy I love this sculpture and how it distorts the reflections of the city above. Abby's college, Columbia College Chicago, was also putting on an urban arts festival called ManiFest. In addition to a parade and a stage holding concerts there are tons of exhibits, drama and comedy performances, and interactive tents. After looking at all the cool art we decided to make some of our own and had a little photoshoot. Things always get silly when me and my siblings are together and my mom never gets the perfect picture she wants. Watch below to watch my twin brother Cal throw Abby in the air and drop her a a hilarious attempt at the dirty dancing move!


Graduation or Concert? Day Two-ish. 

Here we get to watch the most amazing graduation commencement I have ever seen. It was so spirited and happy with students cheering along with family and friends. A bunch of students dressed up their robes, there was one guy even wearing a full chewbacca costume, I wish I got a picture of that. Jane Lynch (yes, the mean lady from Glee) gave the speech and she was hilarious, so I included the highlights in there. We also get to hear a few words from our new graduate about how it feels to be in the real world.

We went on the slides: Day Four? 

Ahhh I had so fun on this day! Chicago has a bunch of really amazing free things to do, including museums, parks, festivals, and more. On this day we hit of the Museum of Contemporary Art on it's free day (all you need is a Chicago zipcode!) The museum is much smaller than the Institute of Art but I actually enjoyed that, I also enjoyed that it felt more laid back and I liked the style of art better. It was a freezing day so we decided to take shelter in the Chicago Cultural Center, which is also free! This place is a crazy amazingly beautiful building that houses a few art exhibitions that we checked out. We also stumbled upon a Spanish bookstore of sorts where a total jam session was being held, which was a wonderful experience. Afterwards we hit up the bean again (it's right across the street!) and then headed over to Maggie Daley Park, which is a superior park to Millenial Park in my opinion. More shenanigans ensued as we played on the playground. Hey--the sign said it was for all ages! Then we got some deliciously different grilled cheese at Cheesey's and caught a hilarious sketch comedy show at my personal favorite, Second City. 


But wait, there's more! 
I'll be updating this post as I edit and post more of my videos, I think I have two left? And if you like my videos, head on over to my Youtube channel and subscribe, I'll be making videos of my summer adventures and my adventures in Spain next semester!