10/13/13


¡Hola!

My name is Emma Gillette. I am seventeen years old, and ever since I can remember, I've always loved traveling. This love of travel has grown over the years and transformed into my great passion. Along with my enthusiasm for travel, I have a great zeal for anything related to reading, writing, and photography. It is my ultimate goal to be able to travel around the world and learn about the thousands of colorful cultures and peoples this Earth harbors and be able to teach what I have learned to other people through my talents. 

When I discovered the AFS Study Abroad program, I knew immediately that it was what I was meant to do--it became my new dream! Through AFS, I can achieve my goals of traveling, learning about new cultures, mastering the Spanish language, and coming back to teach everyone what I have learned from my experiences. 

But I need your help. I've done everything I can to become a step closer to financing my dream; I've been saving since freshmen year, and this past summer, I worked as a lifeguard solely to raise money for this once in a lifetime opportunity. I am asking you to donate towards my dream through the Sponsor an AFSer program. This is an online fundraising tool provided by AFS to allow potential sponsors to make easy, secure, and non tax-deductible contributions to my AFS program fee. Not only will you receive my undying gratitude, but I promise to send each and every person who donates a photo taken by yours truly in Costa Rica along with a thank you note. 

To sponsor my AFS program, please click the Donate Now button to make a non tax-deductible contribution directly to my AFS program account.
p.s.
I am also raising money by selling fun, decorative lens caps created by me. If you want a gift to go along with your contribution, check out my Etsy shop! 100% of the proceeds from the lens caps sales goes towards my fund.