What's up everyone! Just thought I should let you know that I started a vlog about my time in Costa Rica! My first video is awkward so I'm just going to post my second one here, it's just a cheeky little tour of my house here in Costa Rica. If you like it, go to my Youtube Channel to subscribe and watch more! I'm currently editing one for this week about my crazy awesome fun time I had last week, as well as putting together and "average day in my life" video. For you technically challenged, a VLOG stands for "video blog" and it's basically talking to a camera about your life and showing everyone video of it and stuff. I watch a lot of vloggers on youtube who do everything from daily life to travel to make-up. Some of them are so good they get paid by youtube themselves! So here's my video, I hope you enjoy.
You can expect another one to come out before the end of the week!
Now for updates on my life! Since I didn't have school all last week, my host mom and dad decided to take me down to Playa Uvita where they own a second restaurant. This beach is a pretty popular tourist spot because of this:
That's right! A whale tail beach! Luckily, because we went on a week day, there weren't that many tourists or even people there AT ALL. And the beach was breath takingly beautiful, probably the prettiest beach I've ever been to. It didn't look that big at first, you can only get a scope for how grand it is by walking along the wet sand that reflects the sky above. As you look out to the ocean which seems not so far away you can see tiny figures of people and realize the massive scale of the place. And walking those two miles to the beat of salty waves and a soft breeze under a setting sun really makes one appreciate the beauty of Costa Rica. Here are some pictures my host mom took!
She caught me laughing
Wearing a tourist souvenir mask
Then, on Friday we left for San Jose. It was my first actual trip to San Jose, and I must say, I liked it a lot! We went for the Women's World Cup (which is for soccer if you didn't know) and it was my first fĂștbol game! But before we went to the beautiful stadium one of my family's friends came by and gave us FREE T-SHIRTS and then he took me on a tour of San Jose which was super nice and thoughtful because we didn't even ask for it. The Soccer game was soo fun as well, even if we lost. Because it was the world cup it started off with an inauguration that included a bunch of traditional Costa Rican Dancers and a really good famous band called F.A.N.S. singing. The president of Costa Rica was even there to give a speech! Also, everyone gets really into the game, singing chants, shouting "olay" when a player gets passed another player from an opposing team, and whistling in sync when the ball is kicked out of the field. My favorite chant was OLAY OLAY OLAY OLAY~ TICOS! TICOS! which the whole stadium chanted together which was incredible. The atmosphere of the futbol game just seemed a lot more friendly and happy than and football games I've been to back at home. The whole stadium did the wave like--11 times! Here is a picture from that shindig as well!
As I said before, I made a video talking about my week and it will be on Youtube soon! So go subscribe!




