One Month! Whaaaaat?? ?

3/10/14
So Friday marked my anniversary of being in Costa Rica for One Month! Honestly, I couldn't believe I had been here for so long. I had to stare at my calendar for a few minutes to even comprehend. The time has flown by! I feel like I've been here for maybe a week. It really reminds me to seize the day while I still have time here because I've only got four months left which is absolutely insane.

Things here have been really good if a bit uneventful. I wasn't going to make another post until next week, but I couldn't help myself. Plus, I couldn't leave my angsty blog post as my last post! I can feel my Spanish getting better every day and I'm more committed to getting down the vocabulary. I've been talking to other students about how much they've learned, and it really depends on the person. For me it's been a bit harder because I'm so shy and I have a hard time speaking up, and my friend from AFS tells me talking to her friends is what has helped her learn more quickly. So, I'm not going to let myself retreat into my shy-shell anymore. I'm asking questions, listening, and jumping out of my comfort zone and into the realm of small talk in another language! Listening has been another bump in the road of learning Spanish. If you know me, you know I space out very very easily. Even to people having conversations with me! I can't help it, my imagination always steals my attention and runs away with it. When I can't understand what is being said, the spacing out problem just multiplies.

Like I told my dad via skype--I know enough Spanish to make me happy, but I don't know enough to keep me humble.

In the world of unpredictable Costa Rican school systems, my whole week of class has been canceled! Woohoo! I heard it over an announcement, but I thought I had heard it wrong until a group of friends informed me their wasn't school en la semana proxima. I was pretty surprised, "Todos los dias?" Yep. The whole week. "Por que?"

Well, I wouldn't be able to tell you that. It's something about sports from what I've gathered.

Because I have the week off, my mom wants to take me to the other restaurant my family owns in a cute little touristy town called Uvita. It's by the beach! YUUSSSSSS! I just got back as well from the new store my family opened today in order to sell fish, beef, eggs, and cheese that they make in their farm. I was supposed to take pictures of the store but I accidentally brought my camera with it's telephoto lens because I had been taking pictures of toucans. Whoops.

Things are going well here in Buenos Aires, Costa Rica.